How to Recover your Forgotten Instagram Password
Instagram is a Picture sharing social media platform. You can configure it with your Facebook account as well. And your Instagram posts will also show on Facebook simultaneously.
In this article we will tell how to recover much important forgotten password of your Instagram account.
You can recover the password of your Instagram account via Facebook, email or SMS. You should keep in mind that if you should have access to the recovery email address linked to your Instagram account.
Reset Lost Password
- Open Instagram site and tap on forgot in “Password” field.
- And tap on Log in and enter your username or email address.
- And enter verification code
- Now Tap on Reset Password.
- An email will be sent to your email address.
- Now click on “Reset Your Password” link
- And create a new password
- And then click on Reset Password. Once your password is reset log in to your Instagram account with this new password.
Via Mobile Email (iOS)
- Open your Instagram app and click on Get Help Signing In.
- Select username Tab
- And then enter Instagram email Id or simply username.
- And click on Send Login. A password reset link will be sent to your email address.
- Open email account
- Click on, reset your Instagram password
- And create your new password.
Using Facebook (for iOS devices)
- Open your Instagram Application
- And Tap on Get Help Signing In
- You might require to click at the bottom of the screen to explore above option.
- Now Click on Log in with Facebook. But the condition for it is that your Instagram account should be configured with Facebook properly. Otherwise, this method won’t yield any fruits for you.
- Now enter Facebook login details, including email address or phone and password
- Now click on OK. And you will be able to access your Instagram.
- And now click on your Instagram profile tab.
- Click on Gear shaped icon and click on Reset Password.
- You will receive password reset email link
- Simply open your web mail account
- Click on Reset Password.
- And create your new password
- Confirm the new password and sign in to your Instagram account.
Make use of the SMS Service to recover forgotten password (Android)
- Open your Instagram app. A password reset link will be sent to you via SMS Service if you don’t have access to an email address.
- And click on Get Help Signing in. You might require to tap sign in to explore this option.
- Now click on Send an SMS.
- Enter your phone number
- Open SMS and click on the link.
- It will redirect you to the new password creation page
- Create password, confirm and tap reset before logging in to your account.