How to Recover Forgotten Password of an Email ID
Being a techno savvy, you have to remember multiple number of passwords. You have to remember passwords of your social media accounts Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, blog, Orkut, Snapchat and multiple number of other social media accounts.
At the same time, it is for sure you will be availing more than one webmail services. You have to manage the passwords of your webmail accounts. Upon it you have bank account, credit card and debit card pass codes. You have to remember the passcode for your Smartphone and PC.
There are multiple other services which require to create a password to ensure the security of the data.
So there is a maximum possibility that you may forget or confuse passwords. But losing a password quite often puts a lot of stress on the human mind.
In this post we have decided to tell you how to recover the forgotten password of an email ID. You just scroll down the page and read the procedures one by one.
Method No 1: Making use of Account Recovery Page
This method comes handy for Gmail users who don’t have a mobile number or an alternate email address linked to their account.
The Procedure to recover the forgotten Gmail password using Account Recovery Page is as given below
- First of all, go to the Account Recovery Page of Google
- Or simply load your Gmail page and tap on ‘Need Help’ link. The link is present underneath the login box.
- And among the range of options, choose “I don’t know my password”.
- And now enter your account. Type or enter your username
- And tap on Continue
- Now click on “I don’t know” or simply enter your last password.
- This last password will speed up the recovery process.
- If the last password of your account is not coming in your mind, no issues, it is not important to retrieve your Gmail account.
- Now you will asked to choose a recovery option. The recovery option is either your phone number or email address.
- In case you will choose phone, then you will receive an automated call or an SMS. Or the code will be sent to your email address.
- Then you will be redirected to account retrieval survey.
- Now enter Verification code in the required field. In case you received the code via mail, then you will need to click on the link. For those who choose a phone option, they will have to enter the code.
- Finally you have reached to the conclusion Step.
- Create a new password for your Gmail account.
- Enter the password twice to confirm it.
- And then tap on “Reset Password” to validate the process.
- But before creating a password, know the rules, how to create a strong password.
Method No. 2: Fill out password recovery Form
The procedure is as given below
- First of all you will have to start recovery questionnaire.
- In case you have a mobile number or an alternate email address linked to your account, the recovery questionnaire page will appear on its own.
- Since this page is not instant, you may need to try for it many times.
- Now enter a secondary email address which you have access to. You will receive the recovery link on this page.
- So if you don’t have an email address, then you should create an account first and then proceed to recover your forgotten password.
- Now select the time when you accessed your account last time. You don’t need to be hundred percent accurate for it.
- And select the date when you created your Gmail account.
- If you don’t remember the exact date, no issues, guess any date close to that time.
- Now you will be asked to give answers to security question associated with your account.
- Then five of your favorite contacts. Plus, you can also name labels and recovery email.
- You may also require to choose the names of devices and products you have used to sign in to your account along with approximate dates
- And then Tap on Submit. And it will take some time and then Google will deliver the results of the review at the email linked to your email.
Method No. 3: Password recovery Program
The procedure is as given below
- Go to NirSoft website and type nirsoft.net
- And simply download WebBrowserPassView
- It scans your computer or mobile for the stored login info.
- This will help you to retrieve your password.
- You will not require to install this software
- Find your entry and note the password and username. If it is recent password, then use it to sign in to your account. If older then use it to change your password.
For Yahoo Email
- First of all open your favorite internet browser and go to Problems page of Yahoo directly. To click on this page Yahoo and open in your browser. It will redirect you to the main page. And you will find various recovery options for your Yahoo email here.
- And select “Password recovery” and tap on Next
- You should have an alternate email ID to recover information.
- Enter the prerequisite info and it will open a new window on your screen.
- Enter or type Yahoo! ID and click next.
- You will receive an email from Yahoo on your alternate email address. The email will be containing a password reset link.
- Tap on the link to reset your password. Create your new password, confirm and access your Yahoo email account.
- Open the home page of your Outlook.com.
- And tap on link “Can’t access your account?” The link remains available beneath email and the password fields.
- And choose “I forgot my password”
- Tap on Next and enter your Hotmail email ID in the required field.
- Fill Captcha and tap on Next.
- Now choose a verification method to enter the password reset page.
- And verify identify with the Microsoft. A Verification code will be sent to your secondary email address. Or you can generate code with the help of Microsoft Account app. But the condition is you should have opted for this service previously.
- If the secondary email address is not available and the App option is also not available, in that case, the code will be sent to your linked mobile number in the form of an SMS.
- If you don’t have any of the above options available, then click on “I don’t use these anymore”. You will be made to answer a questionnaire to prove your identity.
- You can be asked questions like what was your previous password, the date of account creation or any other question to prove your identity.
- It will take hours or even days for the Hotmail Staff to review your account via this method.
- One you will get verification code, enter it in the relevant field and create your password. Then confirm and use it to access your Hotmail account.